We have now completed the surveys for 2014. Thank-you for your contributions.
If you would like to share a story or photo please email it to Click Here.
Additionally if you would like to join our email list to keep updated on the research study:
Click Here (In the subject line write "add to mailing list")
Invitation to participate in research
Parenting After a Disaster: Experiences Since Black Saturday.
- Were you and dependent children living in an area affected by the 2009 Black Saturday Bushfires?
- We are looking to understand what it is like to be a parent in the years following a disaster.
- We want to hear about the challenges you have faced as well as the times of strength and opportunity.
- We want to hear from mothers, fathers and other primary caregivers.
- Why? We want to help find ways to support parents and children in similar circumstances.
Each interviewee will receive a $50 voucher in appreciation for their participation.
If you are interested in hearing more about this project or finding out how you can participate in an interview, please contact Lauren Kosta at 0412 060 438 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This research is being conducted by Ms Lauren Kosta as part of a doctoral thesis (PhD) in the Department of Social Work at the University of Melbourne. The research is being supervised by Associate Professor Lou Harms (Deputy Head, Department of Social Work), Associate Professor Lisa Gibbs (Deputy Director, Jack Brockhoff Child Health & Wellbeing Program), and Dr David Rose (Lecturer, Department of Social Work).